Our main goal is to make our visitors go to Amazon through our link and buy.
But what if he doesn’t find anything interesting (for him) on the page he lands on?
Wouldn’t it be nice if you could invite him to read more, related, posts?
I’m sorry. This tip will not work for Squidoo, but you have other ways of sending people to related posts there.
If you have a WordPress blog, you can use this for Amazon blogs as well as “normal” blogs. It’s free, and it looks great, and it gives you more reads and more visitor time on your blog.
- Go to http://www.outbrain.com/ and register.
- Add a blog, and click “Yes” to add a plugin.
- Type in the blog url.
- Choose Thumbnail (text and image).
- Click “I agree” and Continue.
- Save the plugin file to your computer.
- Install the plugin on your WordPress blog.
- Activate the plugin, and follow the instructions on Outbrain: https://my.outbrain.com/thanks
It takes time before the related pages show up in your posts.
You can change the settings and choose the number of thumbnails to show, if you only link to your own blog or others as well. Just follow the link to the settings where it says “Configure outbrain settings” under “Additional Features” in your Outbrain Settings.
You can see statistics and all, when you log in to Outbrain.
Sign up with Outbrain, and add related posts to your blog.